Indians [Native Americans] deserve to not have water rights on their own lands because they’re all drunks anyway.
Unknown Year and Major submitted by anonymous
S/N: Rich kid in my Medical Anthropology class, who also kept going on and on and on about he was going to go to Africa to save people by converting them to Christianity.(via shitrichcollegekidssay)
Anonymous asked: My parents never gave me any money. In fact, I moved out my senior year. I'm about to start college with a full ride scholar ship to a decent school because I took hard classes and got all A's. It is possible. In fact, I find it offensive that you don't think people like me can have success.
Piss off, I got a full ride too, doesn’t mean I could afford shit like notebook paper, and food, doesn’t mean I could afford shit like warm clothes, or clothes that fit when I became so skinny, and borderline anorexic, from not being able to eat. I haven’t even fucking finished because even when you get a full ride, even when the university tried to cover you and get you to graduate shit happens. I got raped, and my grandparents fucking died, because a fucking doctor didn’t read what my grandpa was allergic to and my grandma couldn’t afford to get her infected tooth treated and died of septic shock. I didn’t have finances to cover shit like therapy or meds, I’ve been off my meds since and now I’m extremely in debt from medical bills because I have kidney stones and sometimes you can very literally die if you don’t go into the ER because of them, and I had to withdraw because at the end of the term I was sick, anorexic, depressed, and traumatized, now I owe my university 10k before I can fucking transfer somewhere in the state I got stuck in due to wanting to be at a funeral of those I loved.
I got straight fucking As, all across the board, which is why I ended up withdrawing because I was afraid of fucking up my GPA and losing everything, in the end I lost quite a lot anyway. So good for fucking you, you’re a piece of shit anomaly, so am I. What the fuck does this prove for the majority of people that get fucked over by the education system, and the finance system. What the fuck does this prove to anyone. That you made it? I don’t give a single fuck. Talk to me after you finish college you little shit. And tell me why first generation students have a more difficult time completing college at all let alone on time, or are you even first generation I don’t even give a shit, you don’t know what you’re talking about and you’re about to enter a cold reality.
be-0kay-darling asked: Your "what can I do with an anthropology degree" post was super helpful!! Thank you so much for that. I can find better information from from fellow tumblr blogs than most professors I talk to!!
You’re so welcome!
I also found that my professors were vague about what career paths there are for anth degrees-besides doing research ir becoming a prof.
I myself work in business and have found anth to be very useful when dealing with the public and upper-management.
these are actually really intriguing. shoot me some.
- 1: Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette?
- 2: Are you single/taken/heartbroken/confused?
- 3: What if I told you that you were pretty?
- 4: Ever been told “it’s not you, it’s me”?
- 5: Are you interested in anyone right now?
- 6: What are you looking forward to in the next week?
- 7: Do you want to be single?
- 8: Did you go out or stay in last night?
- 9: How late did you stay up last night?
- 10: Can you recall the last time you realized you liked someone a lot?
- 11: Last three things you had to drink?
- 12: Have you pretended to like someone?
- 13: Have you ever told somebody you loved them and not actually meant it?
- 14: Honestly, has anyone seen you in your underwear in the past 3 months?
- 15: Is it hard for you to get over someone?
- 16: Think back five months ago, were you single?
- 17: What were you doing at 12:30 this afternoon?
- 18: Hold hands with anyone this week?
- 19: Could you go for the rest of your life without drinking alcohol?
- 20: What would you name your future daughter?
- 21: Do you miss anyone?
- 22: Have you kissed three or more people in one night?
- 23: Did your last kiss take place in/on a bed?
- 24: Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 25: Have you ever cried from being so mad?
- 26: Who did you last see in person?
- 27: Are you listening to music right now?
- 28: What is something you currently want right now?
- 29: What is the last thing you said out lot?
- 30: How is your heart lately?
- 31: Do you wear the hood on your hoodie?
- 32: Are you wearing socks?
- 33: What do people call you?
- 34: Will you talk to the person you like tonight?
- 35: Are there any stressful situations in your life?
- 36: Who did you last share a bed with?
- 37: Did you do something bad today?
- 38: When was the last time a member of the opposite sex hugged you?
- 39: Do you get stressed out easily?
- 40: Will you sing today?
- 41: Have you ever wanted to tell someone something but didn’t?
- 42: Who do you go to when you need to talk to someone?
- 43: Have you ever been taken to the emergency room in an ambulance?
- 44: What are you listening to right now?
- 45: What is wrong with you right now?
- 46: What is on your wrists right now?
- 47: Where did you get the shirt/sweatshirt you’re wea
- 48: What do you like better: hot chocolate or hot apple cider?
- 49: Do you make wishes at 11:11?
- 50: Are you a good artist?
- 51: Love really is a beautiful thing huh?
- 52: Do you miss the way things were six months ago?
- 53: Ever been on a golf cart?
- 54: Do you have trust issues?
- 55: Ever stayed up all night on the phone, with who?
- 56: Do you own something from Hot Topic?
- 57: Do you use chap stick?
- 58: Have you ever slapped someone in the face?
- 59: Do you have a little sister?
- 60: Have you ever been to New York?
- 61: Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
- 62: Have you hugged someone within the last week?
- 63: What were you doing at midnight last night?
- 64: Have you ever regretted kissing someone?
- 65: Is there one person in your life that can always make you smile?
- 66: Were your last three kisses from the same person?
- 67: Have you kissed anyone in the last five days?
- 68: Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
- 69: Will next Friday be a good one?
Wow, 15 new followers in one day.
A 44 year old Orangutan hand.
“But we are not here concerned with hopes or fears, only with the truth as far as our reason allows us to discover it. I have given the evidence to the best of my ability; and we must acknowledge , as it seems to me, that man with all his noble qualities, with sympathy which feels for the most debased, with benevolence which extends not only to other men but to the humblest living creature, with his godlike intellect which has penetrated into the movements and constitution of the solar system - with all these exalted powers - Man still bears in his bodily frame the indelible stamp of his lowly origin.”
― Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man